While at the dinner table I got to hear about all of their travels around Ireland starting with their arrival in Dublin, then off to Waterford, followed by Killamey, and Limerick. When I asked grandpa his favorite place visited, he quickly responded with the Stud Farm (a man after my own heart). He explained that the grounds were covered in tulips and pastures, with ground handlers everywhere taking care of the horse's every want and need. The cheapest horse on the property would sell for 3 millon dollars!! INSANE. At the same time I was listening to grandpa I was also enjoying a filet of Salmon on a bed of noodles and mixed vegtables. One word... AMAZING! Following the main course the waitress brought out the most adorable deserts I've seen in awhile, and boy were they as good as they looked.
Having grandma and grandpa here in Ireland is priceless. I have been blessed! After experiencing the best Valentine's present a granddaughter can receive, I left the grandparents to catch up on their sleep and met the girls at the eyemax cinemas to watch the movie Valentine's Day! The movie was not so great, but there was a bar in the movie theatres and I was able to take my drink into the movie with me. How cool is that? What kind of drink did I have you ask?... A Jack and Diet Coke of course!! :)
This morning Sarah and I met Grandma & Grandpa down at the farmers market. After missing each others phone calls it was a miracle that we found each other, but after spotting them I made a sigh of relief, grabbed an african sausage that Sarah raved about...
...and then took the grandparents into Taaffes (my favorite pub) to get warm and for coffee. I must admit that the pub looked much different without 300 people standing shoulder to shoulder. Poor grandpa could not get warm. Luckily he found an open fire in the pub.
We then wandered throughout town, looking at one of the Spanish Arches in Eyre Square assembled in 1649 and also an arcitectural piece.
In the square we caught the #1 bus which took us down to salthill (aka the beach). The first thing we all said was "Man does it smell". The tide was out. The rocks and seaweed were wet which gave the beach an awful odor.
After a lovely time on the prom we caught a cab back to my host house where I cooked dinner and had another opportunity to relax and enjoy the grandparents company. The day was GREAT! The morning can't come soon enough. I will be meeting grandma and grandpa for church :) Goodnight! xoxo
Hi Kayla,
ReplyDeleteLooks like both are rested so have done a pretty good job of adjusting to the time change. I know both were so looking forward to seeing you:-) Looks also like Dad's sweet tooth was working OK also..Ha! HAve fun!
Randy & Es
Happy Valentines Day!!