Friday, February 26, 2010

Landed in Spain around 12 after siting on the runway at the Dublin airport for over an hour due to French air traffic controllers on strike. Aside from landing late the ladies and I enjoyed an nice relaxing day exploring around a bit of the city. One thing we forgot to take into account was that siesta is from 2 till 6pm everyday so most things were shut down by the time we checked into our hostel and started exploring. We plan to get up early and site see as much as posisble until 2pm hits then take siesta and start exploring again around 6pm. This siesta is hard to get use to. Nice though! So Christine and I are already to go out and hit the night life in Madrid, Spain. One problem. It´s only 2300 here and people dont start partying until 1am. Not sure if Im going to be able to stay awake until then, but Im going to give it a shot.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I can only assume that you're not getting any teaching done while you cruise around the world visiting everywhere BUT Ireland. We had breakfast with dad and Marilyn this morning and she told me some stories about the goings-on over there in Oyerland. I would quote her, but don't want to embarrass you right now. I'll wait till you get home. Is North America one of your hot travel spots while you're not teaching? If so, call us. Maybe we can do lunch at the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's great. Yes, I have been given amazing travel opportunities while fitting in my approximately 15 hours of work a week. Life is good!!

    ReplyDelete