Here are a couple pictures on campus. Mind you I was rush walking.. as I tried to catch the bus to head to the advisor meeting spot.
After standing outside for a couple minutes waiting for our advisor and the other two girls to arrive so that we could conference my stomach started to grumble. I satisfied it with a yummy hamburger @ 10:30 in the morning. YUMMM. A few minutes after eatting our crew had arrived, so we popped into the mocha bean (kinda like a starbucks)had some coffee and chatted for a bit. After chatting we (the four of us girls who are student teaching) got into our advisors car and he drove us to our schools. There we went inside and met the principal and set up a time to meet with her in the morning before school so that she can give us a rundown of expectations, school design, what culture shocks to expect, etc. My principal is very nice, warm, and welcoming. You'll hear all about her tommorow after I meet with her one on one. I feel like a little kid on the first day of school. I have my outfit all picked out, my walking route highlighted, and my backpack packed (with a change of clothes). I thought this day would never come and now it's finally here. YAY! YIPPIE! YAHOO!!
After our advisor drove us around he took us to Michelle and Christine's place (the other two girls from UNLV). Very Cute!
Can you believe how steep the stairs are. The funny story is that you have to go up two flights of stairs to get to their door and as soon as you walk in the door you have to go down a flight of stairs. It cracks me up. Fun design.
Yes that is a washer machiene... not a dishwasher in the kitchen :)
Following a tour of the girls' adorable home away from home I walked the 25 minute walk home and took some photos for you all to enjoy along the way.
Good luck tomorrow. Or is it today already, it's only 10:45am here and your posting was already after 5:00pm, very confusing. Great pictures. And no, you don't have to get me anything, just keep on updating us as you have been. Be careful so far away and I hope you love your kids.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Aunt Paulette
Kayla
ReplyDeleteChippers tend not to be like here franchises, it will be the one the locals eat, the fries will be hot and soggy, lots of vinegar! (my personal choice) ask you hosts where to eat. Fish and chips, or batter burger and chips; or even battered sausage and chips. A Snack box is chips and fried chicken.
I would wait on the celtic cross since you will be doing some touring around of the ring of Kerry and Dingle and there are some amazing small craftsmen there. You need a Claddagh ring it has been made in Galway for close to 450 years.
There term SHIFT is to make out with someone and as you know a ride is much more! If you pass through Tuam that is where my name Jarlath comes from, he is the patron saint there, and there is a boys school called St. Jarlaths. ( I used to play Gaelic football against them) Have fub teaching. Oh sarcasim is good in School - trust me!
Jarlath
It looks like you are having such a fun time! What a wonderful opportunity. I am enjoying your blog.
ReplyDelete