I was suppose to go on a tour today, but the weather did not permit this from happening. Yesterday the one hour that Galway received sunlight caused the snow to melt making a slush of the roads. Well, overnight the temperatures dropped turning the slush into pure ice. Needless to say the roads and sidewalks were to icy to walk to the bus station. The host family father Cliff, did invite me to join him on a walk to the nearest grocery story (Dunn's)to grab a few things (crackers, hot chocolate, espresso, and smoked salmon). Although there was no sun shinning, the wind was blowing, and it was raining it was nice to get out of the house and a bit of exercise. Other than the brisk 15 minute walk I enjoyed another day inside with no sunlight and lots of sleeping.
Tommorow brings good news though. I am suppose to meet with my school advisor down by the ocean side (the Prom) tommorow. There he will pick us (all four of us US girls)up and take us to our designated schools, introduce us to our teachers and principals in hopes to get us working on Thursday. CAN'T WAIT!!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you're settled in and will soon be a working girl (that didn't come out right). Don't be falling in love with any Leprechauns (boys). And be a good little niece and man up to the bar and chug down a pint of Guiness for me. Work hard, and bring me back a Celtic cross; please. Be sure to tell everyone about your coolest uncle (me!!!).
ReplyDeleteLater kid,
Danny
Will do! I got a rosary at the Galway Cathedral I'll stop in the store again when I go to church on Sunday and get ya one. What would Aunt Paulette like I'm sure she would like something as well... doesn't have to be from the church :) Thanks for keeping in touch. Don't forget I will be over here for 3 months so keep checkin in.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!