This morning I didn't have to be to work until 10:20 so I got to sleep in a bit and enjoy the moments of piece and quite in the house with everyone gone but me. Upon my arrival at school I was pulled out of the math class I was co-teaching, by an English professor who wanted me to teach her morning class. After the morning class,I had a 3 hour break before my next class, so I decided to take a walk along the prom and back which is about 3.5 miles one way. Sweaty, thirsty and looking for a place to rest I stopped by Michelle and Christines to regain myself for a minute. Michelle and I are teaching at the same school so we headed back that way just in time to catch out 1:50 class, only problem was that there were no students in the building, which we had not noticed due to the chit-chatting. Making ourselves comfortable at home, we set up shop in the teachers lounge and patiently waited for the bell to sound. No bell. An administrator was kind enough to let us know that all teachers were in meetings from 12:30 on. HAHA
Following this inncident I tried to look for a place to make a collect call. That was a bigger task than I thought it would be. The tourist information office sent me to the sky cafe, who sent me to another cafe, who kindly directed me to the right location. I had never used a toll booth before. It was kind of cool being in a room all alone with just a phone. A girl's dream :)
Seeing that I had half of the day still to enjoy I then made the 3.5 mile walk along the beach once more, only this time I walked this path one way and turned off to head home.
My legs and stomach are cursing at me. I'm going to eat, shower, stretch, watch a movie, and head to bed. G'night!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We just copied a whole bunch of stuff for
ReplyDeleteGrandpa to read on what ..or what not to do..
or bring....etc on our trip. He is getting
really excited. Sounds like you are getting
plenty of exercise. Think you are gonna miss
the beach when you come back to Las Vegas....
sand is not just sand!! When you get homesick
for Ireland you'll have to head back east.
Went to Heather's 8th birthday celebration
yesterday. Gianna was there with
Tony and his girlfriend. Gianna is finally starting to spout up a bit.
Love Grandma
I put your "HI FAMILY" picture as my computer wallpaper. I knew you wrote it just for me. Thanks kid. When is Andrew coming to your side of the world? Remember to tell your new boyfriends he's coming so they can lay low for a while. And when he gets there have him kick that Chinese kid's butt for me.
ReplyDeleteLater
DD
HAHA! Your humor... It gets me everytime. Right here (pointing to my heart). It seems as if I have touched your heart just a tad bit as well with my photo :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Kayla Rose