Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whole Day

I put on a whole days worth of work! Or at least I was at school for a whole day :) This week at school is suppose to be observation week so that we can get to know the kids and their routine, I walked into 1st hour this morning and the teacher says "Class this is Ms. Smith she will be teaching you for a couple of weeks." Then she pulls me aside and said have fun I have a parent teacher conference downstairs. WOW talk about having to think on your toes. The girls in that class are great though so we did a couple of exercises and discussed expectations and goals during my time there. 2nd class of the day an argumentation arose. It started out between a chinese and irish and then escaladed between traveling and permanent travelers. All heck broke loose. This is great. Can't wait to see what tommorow brings. Tommorow is staff development day, which means students go home at 12:30 and staff trains until 3:45.

3 comments:

  1. Dudette,
    You should have kicked the Chink's butt out of your class and had a beer with the Irish kid. Then you would have been everyones bestest teacher EVER!!!! Take notes for next time someone disrupts your class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure Paulette didn't say that! Sounds like
    a bit of wisdom from Danny!!!
    We got your postcard yesterday. We pick up our
    itinerary today at the travel agency.
    Will e-mail you details soon.
    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Danny: They don't have seperation of church and state here, so maybe they don't have a rule against underage drinking either. Good advice! P.S. if I get fired you owe me a teaching license.

    Dear Grandma & Grandpa: I'm suprised, but glad that you received your postcard already. Now that I know the postal service is quick and efficient I can start sending stuff home. God only knows that I won't be able to put it in my luggage, since it was 13 pounds over weight on my way over :) Can't wait until you guys get here!

    Dear Bodily Family (to all): I really appreciate the love & support that you have provided to me through advice, wisdom and constant communication. There's nothing that makes me feel more at home than my family. I love you all VERY much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete