So Sarah and I came up with this genius plan of not sleeping on the plane from Las Vegas to Nework (5 hour flight) and instead sleep on the plane from Nework to Shannon Ireland (6.5 hour flight) let's just say this did not happen due to intercom interuptions, food/ beverage service, cabin lights, and to top it off a full plane. When we arrived in Ireland @ 7am we got through immigration and customs quickly and then proceeded to catch a bus that drove us from the city of Shannon to Galway. Once in Galway we picked up a taxi and had him give us a ride to our host house, which was only about 5 miles away, but since we had no idea where we were going it was worth the 9 Euros :) Once at the host house she and her husband informed us that when you ask someone for a ride that phrase implies that you want to sleep with them, so already I am seeing MANY differences in language between North American English and the Ireland English.
The weather here is crazy. Ireland locals said that this is the most moisture this country has gotten since 1982. There is snow and ice on the streets and sidewalks, which no one here is use to driving in, so that in itself is quite the experience. Since they are not custom to having snow and ice on the ground there are no snow shovels or plows available on hand. To my knowledge a little bit of salt has been placed on the streets, but not enough to really clear up the road conditions.
Although I just got here I already feel disorganized so the next step before taking a nap or watching a movie, I can't decide, is to unpack my baggage. WHEW! Wish me luck.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment